I realize this is a bit off topic for this group, but I know Scott will know
the answer.  I'd like to remove my internal ATV and boot from USB.  I have no
need for 40GB of space since all of my media is on SMB/AFP share or streamed.
This would also cut down on heat and power consumption.    Just wondering if
anyone has tried this.  I've actually created all the partitions and copied
recovery media just like this was a new drive onto a 4GB USB drive but haven't
removed the internal drive yet to know if it will work.  I realize that I'll
likely have to off-line patchstick the bootable USB, but that shouldn't be an
issue.

Thanks,
Brian