And im back again... I edited tmp/com.apple.Boot.plist using NANO and
added the line "atv-boot=auto" without the quotes. Should it have
quotes?

cat com.apple.Boot.plist and post it so others can see it too :)

Anyways now I still cant it to boot after doing the following:

mount /dev/sda5 tmp
vi tmp/boot/grub/menu.lst

Change it to something like this (check your kernel version):

default 0
timeout 3
title Linux
root (hd0,4)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.24-27-generic root=/dev/sda5 ro vesa
video=vesafb
initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.24-27-generic
boot

All I did for this was added above the similar lines at the bottom of
the menu.lst file. Is that correct?

cat menu.lst and post it so others can see it :)