Decided to do this now since it's rainy outside (Miami).

It worked! I was able to boot the netboot image using my hybrid initrd.gz
(and the vmlinuz from 9.10). There was one point during the installation
where it complained that there didn't seem to be kernel modules on the
remote server, however I chose to continue anyways and it didn't seem to
pose any problems.

If anyone is interest in hosting this netboot set of images, let me know.
                        -peace