I'm actually not sure which version the boot.efi is from.

The problems with ssh actually had nothing to do with ssh :(  We ran
into some bug with the atv-bootloader code (we still haven't
discovered what the real problem is) where essentially if the initrd
file used to create the mach_kernel image was too big the mach_kernel
simply wouldn't boot.  Unfortunately, adding dropbear or sshd actually
exposed this problem so we just moved forward for the time being...