As I stated earlier , the version 1.0 did not work either. I can boot
to Mint from the thumb drive on a PC and I can start the ATV with the
ATV partition. I just can not seem to get from ATV bootloader to Mint,
and I see no real no examples nor much explanation here.

On a further note when booting ATV to the 1.0 version the moment the
penguin appears above the scrolling boot text, all I see is rolling on
the screen. TV can not display whatever resolution accurately. This
did not happen on previous version