Hi Hongyi,

> But after the TeX file has been changed and saved, I still haven't
> observed the automatic compilation progress. Any tips/comments will be
> appreciated.

I'm not familiar with `use-package', so I'd like to ask some questions.

(1) Does "latexmk -pv FILENAME" work as expected when you issue the
    command on some shell, in the directory the file is located?
(2) In the emacs buffer of the tex file, is AutoTeX-mode really
    activated? (Examine the value of the elisp variable `AutoTeX-mode'.)
(3) In the emacs buffer of the tex file, what's the value of the elisp
    variable `after-save-hook'?
(4) Does `LaTeX-mode-hook' contain the expected form
      (lambda () (AutoTeX-mode 1))
    ? (Examine the value of the elisp variable `LaTeX-mode-hook')
(5) Does the elisp function `run-latexmk' actually defined? (What does
    emacs return when you evaluate
      (fboundp 'run-latexmk) <- Type C-x C-e here and see echo area
    after you open the tex file?)
(6) Does the elisp function `smart-compile-string' actually defined?
    (What does emacs return when you evaluate
      (fboundp 'smart-compile-string) <- Type C-x C-e here and see echo area
    after you open the tex file?)
(7) If the answer to (6) is `t', what does emacs return when you
    evaluate
      (smart-compile-string "latexmk -pv %f") <- Type C-x C-e here and see echo
area
    in the emacs buffer of the tex file?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita