Hongyi Zhao wrote (Tue, May 09, 2023 at 08:51:59AM +0800):
> Hi here,
>
> I'm not sure whether there is a convenient way to generate an outline
> based on the current master tex source file to facilitate the source
> code navigation.

reftex-toc, bound to C-c =, works for me.

Also helm-imenu (along with (setq imenu-sort-function nil) in LaTeX-mode-hook),
but I've forgotten whether auctex automatically defines imenu entries from
section / subsection headers. I remember having to ask around for ways to make
slide titles be the imenu entries when using beamer.