sf...@users.sourceforge.net:
> > Matthijs Kooijman:
> > > I just tried to merge the aufs3.6 branch into the 3.6.2 kernel, which
> > > caused a merge failure. I'm not 100% sure if this is the right way to
> > > get with 3.6.2 with aufs, or where and how this should be fixed.
> >     :::
> > > And here's the change that causes the conflict (copied from git diff v3.6
> > > v3.6.2, I haven't pinpointed the revision it was introduced in:
> >
> > Confirmed.
> > $ git log1 v3.6..v3.6.2 fs/buffer.c
> > 92b7722 2012-10-13 ext4: fix mtime update in nodelalloc mode
> >

> > > Fixing this seems simple enough, just move the two lines introduced by
> > > aufs
> > > along wit the file_update_time call.
> >
> > Exactly.
> > In other words, aufs3.6 doesn't support linux-3.6.2.
>
> Hold it!
> I might be wrong.
> I will investigate this issue a day after next week.

Now I think I can see the story.
When we use aufs3-linux.git, and run "git pull" (or git merge) aufs3.6
into linux-3.6.2, we get
        CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/buffer.c
as Matthijs did.
(confrimed)

But if we use aufs3-standalone.git and apply the aufs3 patches manuall,
then we don't get the conflict.
        cd /usr/src/linux-3.6.2
        # $SRC is aufs3-standalone dir (full path)
        patch -p1 < $SRC/aufs3-kbuild.patch
        patch -p1 < $SRC/aufs3-base.patch
        patch -p1 < $SRC/aufs3-proc_map.patch
        patch -p1 < $SRC/aufs3-standalone.patch
as Tomas did.
(confrimed)

Note that aufs3-proc_map.patch is generated from aufs3.6, so the line
numbers in it don't match with linux-3.6.2. But clever "patch" command
silently solves the conflict and applies aufs3-proc_map.patch cleanly.
In other words, plain "patch" command looks more clever than "git
merge".

Hmm, should I create the branch aufs3.6.2?
But I don't wanna do that...

J. R. Okajima

Everyone hates slow websites. So do we.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_sfd2d_oct