By the way, I recompiled kernel with aufs CONFIG_AUFS_DEBUG=y, I can
see in /proc/config.gz that CONFIG_AUFS_DEBUG=y, but mounting aufs
with debug=1 doesn't make any change, it reports "debug=1 ignored" in
dmesg. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks

Tomas M

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Tomas M <to...@slax.org> wrote:
> Hello Junjiro,
> I may be experiencing a deadlock issue with AUFS.
>
> I'm running Slax with root filesystem on aufs, which consists of one
> writable branch (tmpfs) and many readonly squashfs loop-mounted
> branches.
>
> I'm experiencing deadlock in KDE after adding a branch to aufs. The
> main KDE processes (knotify4, plasma-desktop, krunner) are in D state
> (uninterruptible sleep) and KDE freezes. The rest of the system is
> usable, but if I try "find /root" it freezes on
> /root/.kde/share/config (that is a directory full of different
> configuration files, KDE writes to it very often and probably has some
> files open from there too)
>
> I also tried lsof | grep share/config and it produced strange output:
> plasma-de 2189   root   16w   REG   0,15      25    11354
> /root/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc.lock
> find         2524     root   4r     unknown
>     /root/.kde/share/config (deleted) (stat: Stale NFS file handle)
>
> Notice in the second line that it claims the directory 'config' is
> deleted, which is not true, I can 'stat' it.
>
> What more info should I provide in order for you to debug this? Thank you
>

> Tomas M

Keep yourself connected to Go Parallel:
INSIGHTS What's next for parallel hardware, programming and related areas?
Interviews and blogs by thought leaders keep you ahead of the curve.
http://goparallel.sourceforge.net