sf...@users.sourceforge.net:
> "V.Krishn":
> > 5.1 rm -Rf branch
>
> Whao!
> Then I'd suggest you to try "mount -o remount u" which discards the aufs
> cached data mostly (not all). If your ESTALE is caused by mismatching
> the cached data and the real data on branch, the it will help you.
> Of course, it is recommended to run "mount -o remount,udba=notify u"
> before such operation.

For this case, "udba=notify" won't help (sorry) since "branch" here is
the top dir and aufs cannot stop you removing it.
It is a surprise to me that you tried such operation.

Here is a patch to prohibit such operation. It makes the branch top dir
as if it were a mount-point. I still don't decide include this patch in
future aufs release.
If you want, try this patch.

J. R. Okajima

Employer Resources Portal