Ohh...in this case I apologize, I totally missed this in the manual.
   Sorry to bother you for nothing.
   Daniel
   On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 4:04 PM, <[1]sf...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

     DaneeL:
     > I don't expect it to happen often but might be helpful for others to
     know
     > this behavior.
     Hmm, aufs manual describes about it a little.
     .SH Incompatible with an Ordinary Filesystem
     stat(2) returns the inode info from the first existence inode among
     Â  Â  Â  Â  :::
     The timestamp of a directory will not be updated when a file is
     created or removed under it, and it was done on a lower branch.
     Anyway, I've decided NOT to implement the feature to update the
     timestamps on the topmost branch.
     J. R. Okajima