Hello B Buhlig,

Your mail wasn't delivered to me, but I've just found it in the archive
on SourceForge. I don't know why it was not delivered but I remember
such accident has ever happened several times.

B Buhlig:
> For my mythtv backend, I followed the below instructions at
> http://zackreed.me/articles/90-ubuntu-14-04-with-4-0-4-kernel-and-latest-aufs-from-source
>  to setup AUFS on Ubuntu 14.04 with a 4.0.4 kernel, with the notify option
> and NFS exports, however had been noticing periodic  hangs and crashes
> which seems related to the below messages scrolling in my syslog.
>
> <snip>
> Sep 28 08:31:14 ubuntu1 kernel: [169791.090397] aufs
> aufs_migratepage:803:mythcommflag[26309]: This operation is not supported.
> Please report this application to aufs-users ML.
        :::

Are you using NUMA system?
If so, I don't have such expensive system and cannot reproduce nor test.
Actually this message is a kind of hook to debug, and I don't expect
that users will see the message.
Anyway it must be a problem of aufs'. Currently I don't have a good
solution to address it except one. I'd suggest you to try disable
CONFIG_AUFS_DEBUG. It will set ->migragepage() pointer to NULL, so the
message won't appear. But I have to tell you one thing. I don't have
tested aufs with such configuration and NUMA systems, so I am unsure
disabling CONFIG_AUFS_DEBUG will solve your problem. It is just a
hope/guess/suggestion (sorry I don't know correct English word). I'd ask
you to test with disabling CONFIG_AUFS_DEBUG if you can.

J. R. Okajima

Full-scale, agent-less Infrastructure Monitoring from a single dashboard
Integrate with 40+ ManageEngine ITSM Solutions for complete visibility
Physical-Virtual-Cloud Infrastructure monitoring from one console
Real user monitoring with APM Insights and performance trend reports
Learn More http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=247754911&iu=/4140