Hi,Â
   by seeing mergerfs fsck's script
   ([1]https://github.com/trapexit/mergerfs-tools/blob/master/src/fsck.mergerfs
   ), I had the idea to make the same for AUFS (especially since I had issues
   with permissions and have issues with whiteout files[1]).
   The result is here
   : [2]https://gist.github.com/Alex131089/560a1386dd756059e21b .
   It does the same as fsck.mergerfs for the permissions (but using another
   method to find branches), and it checks for useless whiteouts (hoping I'm
   not misunderstanding the thing). While it's working, it has only been tested
   on 2 RW branches, the whiteout part has a beginning (I didn't check all
   possibilities) of support for non-RW but permissions are not RW/RO aware.
   If it can be useful for someone :)
   [1]: 2 RW branches on 3.2 kernel (OMV actually), 1 root cron script running
   a sed -i command => leaves me 1 sed temporary file + it's whiteout each time
   .. I suppose something's wrong but I can't figure what (or maybe it is/was
   an aufs issue ?), or I just don't get everything.
   Regards,
   --
   Alexandre