Ok, I've just remembered something, you need to have root access to your NFS
   shares to have aufs working (it needs to create some files).
   Are you able to create some files into /data/first and /data/second from
   root account?

   Hi ,
   Yes, the /data/first and /data/second are all nfs exports.
   Thx
   Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse for typos and brevity of this message.