Hi Brenden,

Brenden Carvalho:
> Yes that is exactly what I need, Glad to know its possible.
>
> Although, I was hoping for a quick turnaround on this,=20
> I thought most of the logic/code needed should already be present in the ot=
> her create policies just implemented differently.

I've just started designing the new policy.
At the same time, I noticed I forgot one aufs feature, rather less
popular one. It is FHSM (File-based Hierarchy Storage Management) and
move-down (opposite of copy-up). I'd like to suggest you to try it.

- build aufs with CONFIG_AUFS_FHSM enabled
- build aufs-util with BuildFHSM=yes
- specify 'fhsm' attribute for your all writable branches
- customize the watermarks by a utility named "aufhsm" in aufs-tuil, if
  you want.

then the userspace daemon "aufshsmd" will monitor the free space of
'fhsm' branches and move the files down from upper to lower branches if
necessary.

J. R. Okajima