Hello Bogdan,

Bogdan Kiselitsa:
> I'm seeing a null dereference followed by an uninterruptible sleep when
> trying to rsync some stuff to my aufs mount. It's made up of 5 disks with
> varying filesystems (ext4, zfs, btrfs -- yes I'm testing some out).
        :::
> Oct 12 21:25:02 bohdy-store kernel: aufs au_lkup_neg:286:rsync[2318]: I/O
> Error, Season 1 should be negative on b2.

It means that aufs thinks that there was no "Season 1" somewhere under
/mnt/disk3 in the beginning, but, then found it unexpectedly and
suddenly. Usually it should not happen unless you created "Season 1"
bypassing aufs. I don't understand what is happening.

I need more info such like this.

(quote from aufs README file)
When you have any problems or strange behaviour in aufs, please let me
know with:
- /proc/mounts (instead of the output of mount(8))
- /sys/module/aufs/*
- /sys/fs/aufs/* (if you have them)
- /debug/aufs/* (if you have them)
- linux kernel version
  if your kernel is not plain, for example modified by distributor,
  the url where i can download its source is necessary too.
- aufs version which was printed at loading the module or booting the
  system, instead of the date you downloaded.
- configuration (define/undefine CONFIG_AUFS_xxx)
- kernel configuration or /proc/config.gz (if you have it)
- behaviour which you think to be incorrect
- actual operation, reproducible one is better
- mailto: aufs-users at lists.sourceforge.net

J. R. Okajima