Hi all,

I have written a tool [1] in python and packaged it in AUR [2], now I
have the following problem:

1) The tool is written compatible with python 2.7 and 3.x, so I'd like
to depends on something like (python>=2.7), but the package python2
does not provides python=$pkgver. So what should the package depend
on? (is there an "or"-like operator in depends=?)
2) How about the shebang line then? Now it is "/usr/bin/env python"
but if the user only installed python2 this won't work correctly in
the default case.

I've been keeping a watchful eye on recent rebuilds of python
packages, but still confused about the above situation, thanks for any
ideas :)

[1] https://github.com/felixonmars/ydcv

Felix Yan
Twitter: @felixonmars