Highway to the danger zone does it for me on my Ipod touch, my 7ah battery last about 87.12 minutes full volume and subwoofer connected.

Vario turned off that is.

From: <gstev...@bigpond.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 11:07 PM
To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia." <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Music while flying?

Hi Patch & All,
I am with you bro!

But, perhaps for totally different reasons???

Aviators seem to be, in the main, a very pragmatic bunch. Glider pilots, as a sub-group, also seem to fit this mould. The question "Where are the poets of flight?" has been discussed on this forum in the past. As a matter of interest, try Goggling "Joseph C Lincoln Award" to see one excellent attempt to address the balance (although that is not exactly what the stated goals of the award are about).

To get to the point, I pose the following question " Why in God's name would you carry, and listen to, canned music whilst gliding?" Each time you take a launch, you are potentially putting yourself in a special position where you can resonate with the whole universe - Mind, Body, Soul, as one. As such, the canned music is, at best, just distracting noise.

Think about it!

.... Especially if you have not been there!

.... But I suspect, you all know exactly what I am talking about.!

{From a competition pilot's view (a subset group that does not exclude the above principle- quite the reverse in fact - if you are not at one with the environment - you will not win), Tom Claffey's post on the subject is relevant - Tom gives no reasons. Tom would you care to expound on your post, for the uninformed?}

Regards,
Gary

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ruth Patching" <patch...@westnet.com.au> To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia." <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2011 3:16 PM

Simple answer for me. NO. Never even contemplated it.
Patch