At 05:21 PM 24/05/2011, you wrote:

you could say the same about oil...

Yes. I often put it to the zealots, that nature developed humans with intelligence simply to restore the status quo, ie, to liberate all that carbon and to put it back into the atmosphere :)

Cheers

Paul

It is remarkable how many problems become less so when viewed from a longer perspective than the last 200 years of the current interglacial that has really only been around for 10,000 years or so.

Not only are we smart enough to keep feeding the damn plants which are trying to pull a suicide/murder by fixing all the carbon into rocks, we may even be smart enough to divert the next big rock that comes our way. And it will.