Can I ask how you went about downloading it? Maybe I'm missing something, but I couldn't get it to work.

Thanks

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Durrant" <durr...@gmail.com> To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia." <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net> Cc: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia." <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2011 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] iGlide Application

Folk,

I tried this for fun on my iPad when flying in the Pooch as coach, and it works fine apart from the fact that the iPad objects to high temps in the cockpit and shutdown mid flight. not to mention battery life as an issue when using GPS and 3G network.......to get real time weather and NAV.

Lots of apps with potential for the iPad but will need some work before it's reliable for use as a primary NAV or comp instrument, but it's only a matter of time.....

Best Regards,
Mike Durrant
VH-FQF