If we had 10 times the amount of funds and 10 times the amount of members we
would love to have a K21.

Unfortunately we don't and we have a Blanik and an old winch. But we fly every
weekend and do the best with what we have.

If this means we are not a modern club then we are just a gliding club sharing
all the things some of the other people have posted; learning how to be friends
with people we wouldn't usually have the opportunity to meet, enjoying getting
past the first thermal from home, getting 50 mile out, teaching people how to
fly, teaching people how to teach people how to fly, taking people in the
general community for their first flight in anything etc etc.

Sorry for not holding up the expectation  of being a 'modern' gliding club by
having a Blanik. Maybe we should all just pack up and forget about keeping our
nearly 50 year old club going.

Sorry but maintaining our Blanik is the least of our problems.

Kindest Regards
Grant