  From: John Parncutt
  To: 'Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.'
  Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:47 PM
  Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Glider visibility-UK-BGA

  LED lighting technology has come a long way in the past few years and is
still rapidly improving. Looking at the specifications on website
http://www.aeroleds.com/  the average current draw at about 1 Ampere per light
is still rather large for a glider.  I suspect the efficiency will continue to
improve to the point where they will be a viable option, perhaps glider
manufacturers would then include them in their design.

  BTW some of the cyclists LED lights are extremely bright especially when
flashing but full daylight is hard to compete with!

  John Parncutt