Thanks Gary (and Anne),

It brings back lots of memories about the day itself. My most significant recollection of the conditions is that in many / most of the climbs, the altimeter just kept on winding up without hesitation - like it does on a winch launch. It was almost hypnotic.

My best height was 10,700 ft and I flew Whitwarta - Crystal Brook - Truro - Whitwarta. It was quite frustrating to come down below 6,000 for the excursion under the Edinburgh air space to get around Truro, but it had to be done.

Dean Underwood took the same aircraft around the same course the next day.

regards,
Terry

('Twas nice to also be reminded of the unique style and format of AG in those days.) :-)