Hello Kevin and all other contributors!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the matter.
Shortly after Kevin's posting I received a call from a concerned friend. He
basically underlined Kevin's
comments and pointed out that the naming of an individual should have been
avoided. This doesn't seem
to be an issue where I come from (as long as the facts are correct) but I
was told that that it is a no-no in
Australia. Therefore I have now come to accept that I was wrong in doing it

Initially I received a number of e-mails in support of my approach while
stressing that we should all object
to people doing the wrong thing by others and expect to get away with it.
However, lately some well
meaning off line feedback is more concerned about the impact on the
individual involved. It made me realise
that my initial posting was interpreted by the majority of readers as an
attack on the individual when in
reality it was primarily an attempt to share a costly experience with other
volunteers and prevent them from
falling into the same trap.
Talking of costs, the good news is that I have received feedback from GFA
officials that the cost of repairs
should be covered by the BBL insurance scheme. That will take care of the
financial issue and I want to
thank those members who have pointed that out to me. Apparently I need to
submit a claim to the lady in
question which she has to pass on to the GFA treasurer.

I assume that I will receive the necessary cooperation and if this is the
case I want to assure all members
of this forum that I will write to the lady and express my deep regret for
naming her. If my posting has
offended a fellow club member (or anyone else) I want to apologise to them
right here and now.

Kind regards to all

Bernard