"a gopher"  Somehow appropriate given the demographic profile.  :-)

-----Original Message----- From: Catherine Conway
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 5:01 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Electric replacement for quad bikes aroundairfields

I know of a gopher being used for this quite successfully. Cheap too second hand.

Cath

Sent from my iPhone

On 05/03/2013, at 2:49 PM, Ian Mc Phee <mrsoar...@gmail.com> wrote:

All & Simon

I hear Simon H is an electric powered vehicle expert (Solar Challenge Darwin to Adelaide) and wondering if you can offer thoughts on suitable electric vehicle which could be used around airfield and towing gliders. I am sure within a few years it will be the standard vehicle for airport use.

Recently at Bathurst I noticed an electric skate board for personal transport to the launch point - now just need a larger glider towing version!!!

Off topic I have heard overseas insurance companies may consider you are not covered for damage to a glider when towing behind a vehicle. May be a good reason for driving very slowly when towing glider as just maybe you may not be covered (esp if using other than factory gear). 18 months ago I heard about a Libelle Written Off!! being towed behind vehicle and many many gliders with about $5000 damage from towing behind a vehicle .

Ian McPhee