As I remember, it went more like this ..."NEVER FLY THROUGH THE SAME BAD AIR
TWICE!" which gives the advice a whole new depth of meaning, seeing that this
was one of the few pieces of information in the book  - and the book is full of
useful information - to be so notated, and is the ONLY axiom to appear TWICE!

Here are two more from the same book:
SPEED UP IN SINK - SLOW DOWN IN LIFT! ;and (in an outlanding)
STOP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AFTER LANDING!

Members of this forum can no doubt tell many a story re the last axiom. Here is
one that partly fits - but with a twist!

Flight No 224, in my log-book, 01/03/1978, ES 60b GTJ. X/C training was being
conducted on the day in the GCV's two-seater aircraft fleet. I decided to tag
along in the Super Arrow.
A task was set into the hills to the SW of Benalla, but unbeknown to me the
task for the two-seaters was changed, as the weather was not as predicted. So
off I set.The first leg was to Strathbogie, and then on to Euroa. As can be
imagined, the first leg did not go well for me, and it was soon necessary to
pick a paddock around Boho South. The options were a bit limited, as the
countryside was fairly steep. Therefore in accordance with best practice, I
choose to land uphill into my selected paddock. The landing went quite well, up
to and including touchdown, and I can say with certainty that I did  stop
quickly - possible no more than 10 or 20 m - which fitted the 3rd maxim above,
quite well. However I was totally unprepared for what happened next. No sooner
had the glider stopped, than it began to accelerate - backwards down the slope!
For pilots who may be unfamiliar with the type, let me say that these aircraft
are fitted with a spring steel tailskid rather than a wheel. This was the thing
that saved me, as the tailskid dug in, and I then quickly came to a stop, with
no damage done.
One further thing. Ed McKeough flew out to check the situation. How was it
possible for him to land a Pawnee, if the paddock was so steep? Well the truth
of the matter was that he landed on the airstrip - which I had totally missed
seeing -in an adjacent paddock! I could have got an easy aerotow out of there,
but instead had to cope with a bunch of noisy fellow glider pilots, and provide
the mandatory slab of retrieve beer!

Cheers,
Gary