What are the penalties/sanctions if you flop on a RPT aerodrome in a non
motorised glider because the day dies for example. I ask only out of curiosity
and laziness to research.

From: Paul Mander
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 11:21 AM
To: 'Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.'
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Petition to remove ASIC

Hi Bob, seems it was a Phurhpy. Here is the latest from our CFI:

I have researched the issues behind the petition re ASIC cards and am now
understand what it behind this.

Firstly, as Paul Mander pointed out I was not clear in my previous note.

We do not have an exemption from the ASIC card but we do have an exemption from
the AVID card.  The ASIC card allows access to security areas in airfields.
The AVID card is part of a power licence and is a security clearance for a
pilot.  This proposal effectively asks to replace the ASIC card with the AVID
card – which could have raised the issue that we have an exemption from the
AVID card.

To cut a long story short this proposal does not create the problems I was
concerned about and is benign.

So by all means respond and add your name to the list.

Apologies for making this matter complex but there was a possibility that this
would create problems for us.

All clear now? Happy Christmas, Paul