From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of Leigh
Bunting
Sent: Wednesday, 24 December 2014 5:10 PM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] IS-28B CQC's last flying day:

Funny, European and British gliding clubs cherish their K13's. I don't
believe gliding there is suffering as a result of teaching in "yesterday's
gliders". I understand Lasham (?) have 7 or 8 K13's going from dawn till
dark.

Some years ago I flew the DG-1000 at Camden including spins. Spins nicely
but jeez, it's a rocket when it stops and thought then it was gonna scare
the c..p out of students who aren't right on the ball and give the
instructors even more grey hair than they've got. Anyone know if a DG-1000
is used for ab initio training? At least a K21 takes 1500' to get to Vne.

Merry Xmas,

Leigh Bunting