From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of Tim Shirley
Sent: Tuesday, 24 March 2015 9:24 AM
To: Laurie Hoffman; Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Syndicates

Hi all,

Such a document was there at one time, but not now.

I suspect it was removed because it isn't a matter where GFA has any
involvement, and because of a concern that members who used it uncritically
could later claim that a problem arising was to some extent GFA's fault.  So
having it there could have placed GFA as a party to an otherwise private
dispute.

This is speculation. I don't have any knowledge of the reasons it was there
in the first place, or the official reasons for its removal.  I don't have a
copy.

Members who are currently in syndicates may well have agreements they could
share with the original questioner on a private basis.

Although I am very happy with my current syndicate arrangements, I agree
with Mike that the ideal number of syndicate members is an odd number less
than 3.

Cheers

Tim Shirley

tra dire é fare c' é mezzo il mare