On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:41 AM, David Richards
<ausdot...@davidsuniverse.com> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Has anyone else noticed people often don't answer more than one
> question in an email?  In fact, I'll generalise that and say people
> often don't read an entire email.  I had this today (already) but this
> happens to me "all the time" (it's probably more like 25% of the time
> but I think the exaggeration is justified).

I don't notice this really, but I tend to put all items people need to
respond to in a list:

 - like so,
 - and thus
 - etc

Which generally gets the appropriate result. But I do think if the
question was phrased how you've shown below, I may accidentally ignore
'C' while answering 'A'. Maybe.

> This is particularly annoying when the main question isn't the first
> one (such as today's incident).  eg, "Please tell me A and B but I
> really want to know about C" will usually just get me the answer to A.
>
> I don't want to have to "twitterize" my emails into single sentences
> of a few small words.

Sometimes, when (professional) emails I send get too long, I'll write
a little "Summary" area at the bottom. It works well, because bored
people just read the summary, and then decide if the entire thing is
of interest.

--
silky

  http://www.programmingbranch.com/