Somehow I feel I didn't send this correctly last time, resending:

Hi Jeff,

 > The autofs init script in autofs v4 will invoke a command,
 > autofs-ldap-auto-master, to determine if there is an auto.master
available
 > on your ldap server.  It should try 3 schemas before giving up.
 >
 > You didn't mention whether you actually had an auto.master in ldap.
Do you?

No, I don't have an auto.master in LDAP, I guess I was figuring Linux's
AutoFS would kind of figure it out like it does with Solaris.  So AutoFS
requires a auto.master in LDAP?  Do you know what I need to do to tweak
this by any chance?  Or maybe point me to a how-to or something of that
nature?

Thanks for the response!

ciao, erich