hugo tempo wrote:
Hi,
We (@vu.nl) use the automounter with ldap, a.o. to automount home-directories. Now under squeeze if we do a wildcard access (ls /home/* or even ls /home) we get a listing of (seemingly) all the userdirectories from the mountmap (in ldap), which are certainly not all mounted under /home on that specific machine. Same story with /net where we automount packages. With lenny we never saw this behaviour, which we honestly do not appreciate.
Anybody knowing the specifics about this?
Thanks in advance,
Hugo Bokman

Maybe the default of the browse mode has changed from "no" to "yes" from the previous to the current Linux release ytou are using?

frank