On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 09:10 +0200, giggzounet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using autofs for years and on different configurations. It works
> great! so thx for your great work.
>
> But I have a little question/problem:
> We have a cluster (with CentOS 5.5). It's a little cluster, so the /home
> "is" on the master. And this /home is exported to the nodes. I have
> installed autofs in order to automount this /home when a user wants to
> use his /home.
>
> So at the moment the configuration is simple:
> cat auto.master
> /home   /etc/auto.home
>
> cat auto.home
> *      nfs_oscar:/home/&
>

> So when a user comes autofs mounts only the /home for the user.
>
> So at the moment it works. but I find it not optimal, because when 2
> users try to connect from a node I get 2 mounts.
>
> I would like to get this behaviour:
> when a user try to connect to his /home, autofs mount all the export
> /home. It is possible ?

It might be possible to come up with a method to mount all the keys in a
indirect map on first access but that sounds like it would be more
difficult than it's worth.

Do you really need to mount these separately?

Could you use a direct mount map instead?
You could do this by using the following:

in the master map (possibly /etc/auto.master):
/-      /etc/auto.direct.homes

and /etc/auto.direct.homes could contain:
/home   oscar:/home

This way there is only one mount not many and it will always make all
home directories available on first access.

Ian