Ian Kent wrote:

Any idea why autofs fails to read entries from the included NIS map when the creation date of the map mount point is in the future? - but works fine when the same NIS map is referenced directly from /etc/auto.master?

Don't know about the timestamp but there were some included map fixes in
RHEL-5.7, at least one was a fix for a regression.

Versions?

Sorry, I should have said - this is CentOS 5.5 with autofs 5.0.1-0.rc2.143.el5_5.6 - and I've also tried it with 5.0.1-0.rc2.143.el5_6.2 - with the same result.

It is easy to reproduce - with an included NIS map - if I do:

/etc/init.d/autofs stop; date -s "1 minute"; /etc/init.d/autofs start; date -s "-1 minute"

This creates the automount mount point 1 minute into the future.

Then if I try to access a server defined in the NIS map, the mount fails.

However, if I wait a minute (i.e until the system clock passes the date stamp of the mount point), the automount of file systems in the NIS map works fine.

Is it possible to get a copy of the autofs RPM for RHEL-5.7 to test?

Thanks

James Pearson