Hi Aaron,

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM, Aaron Turner <synfina...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I have a .def file which I use to generate two different but simliar cli
> apps & man pages.
>
> aturner@Laphroaig.local:~/GIt/tcpreplay/src> autogen --version
> autogen (GNU AutoGen) 5.16.2
>
> autogen -L /usr/local/share/autogen -T agman1.tpl -DTCPREPLAY
> tcpreplay_opts.def
> please note that this is obsolete
>
> This works (generates tcpreplay.1)
>
> aturner@Laphroaig.local:~/GIt/tcpreplay/src> autogen -L
> /usr/local/share/autogen -T agman1.tpl -L tcpedit -b tcpreplay-edit
> -DTCPREPLAY_EDIT tcpreplay_opts.def
> please note that this is obsolete
>
> Generates tcpreplay.1 not tcpreplay-edit.1 but puts tcpreplay-edit.1 content
> in the file.

Fixing one problem causes another.  *sigh*.  When "-b" is provided, it should
be honored.  However, typically, I use "tcpreplay-opts.def" type naming.
In that case, the "prog-name" value should be used as the base name.
The thing is Turing complete, so I can likely find a way….  Sorry.

Please construct tcpreplay-edit.1 first and rename the misnamed result
with some scriptlett that ensures that it worked correctly.  Meanwhile,
I'll see if I can jigger the template to detect a specified "-b" option.
(Maybe comparing the input def file name against the base-name.)

> Also, what is obsolete?  I don't see any of those flags marked obsolete in
> the man page or online docs?

I guess that should be clearer, too.  agman1.tpl is now a wrapper for
agman-cmd.tpl since it really covers section 8 docs, too.

Thank you - Cheers, Bruce