On 10/14/13 10:10, Eric Bavier wrote:
> The real problem for most of these tests seems to be the use of
> "/usr/bin/tr" instead of just "tr", since tr might not be installed at
> in /usr/bin.

Yep.  I need to add:

  TR=`command -v tr`
  test -x "$TR" || die "'tr' program is missing"

and _then_ use $TR.  Thanks.

> Which executables are actually required for the tests?  Is it just the
> 'guile' executable?  If that's the case, I think configure should just
> declare a precious variable named GUILE.  If the builder is already
> passing the --with-libguile configure flags, it wouldn't be too much
> more to ask that they then set GUILE if "guile" isn't already in PATH.
> The configure and tests scripts wouldn't have to worry at all about PATH
> then.

I've been fiddling this thing for long enough now that I have no idea.
I very likely don't even invoke "guile" anymore, but I might. :)
That would make it _really_ pointless.

>> For now, I've not included --with-libguile-path just because of time.
>> Please try the new pre-release and if you have troubles, I'll try
>> to get to the "with" thing.
>
> With the additional patch I pasted above, the prerelease works fine.
> I'll try coding up the GUILE precious variable in configure, and send a
> patch if that works.

For that to be useful, you also have to find the "guile" invocation and
use the $GUILE.  I have my doubts that it is even used any more.  :(