HI,

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 6:32 AM, Olya <olyasi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I'm trying to go through autogen manual but stuck even with very basic example
>
> The header is specifies files with which extensions should be produced - like
> .c or
> .h for example. What if I would like to produce configuration file without
> extension?
>
> For example:
>
> [+ AutoGen5 template interfaces +]

That specifies a suffix of ".interfaces".  Somewhere in there is an
explanation that
you can use a formatting specification after a '=' thus:

    [+ AutoGen5 template interfaces=%s +]

http://autogen.sourceforge.net/doc/pseudo-macro.html#pseudo-macro
    ``The suffix specification consists of a sequence of POSIX
compliant file name characters and,
    optionally, an equal sign and a file name formatting
specification. That specification may be
    either an ordinary sequence of file name characters with zero, one
or two "%s" formatting
    sequences in it, or else it may be a Scheme expression that, when
evaluated, produces
    such a string. The Scheme result may not be empty. The two string
arguments allowed for
    that string are the base name of the definition file, and the
current suffix (that being the text
    to the left of the equal sign). (Note: "POSIX compliant file name
characters" consist of
    alphanumerics plus the period (.), hyphen (-) and underscore (_)
characters.)''

> iface [+iface+] inet [+IF type == dhcp +] dhcp

You must mean:
   [+IF (== (get "type") "dhcp") +]

expressions are typically in schemy style.

> [+ELSE "static ip" +] static
>         address [+addr+]
>         netmask [+mask+]
> [+ENDIF "End of if" +]
>
> Results in cryptic warning:
> "attempted to use block macro in eval expression"
> and no output at all.

It should also reference a line.  That should give a hint, too.

Cheers - Bruce