Bugs item #434068, was opened at 2001-06-17 21:25
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=111050&aid=434068&group_id=11050

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:

In the CVS version of avifile, there seems to be
missing/incomplete
support for AC3 audio.   I have downloaded ac3dec
seperately and
build, then I use the --with-libac3-path option for
configure but
the ac3.cpp is not even there anymore like in the first
earlier versions
of CVS.    I used to be able to compile it before but I
had to hack
the makefile to change ac3.o to ac3.lo and a few things
like that...
There are lots of 2 CD DivX movies encoded with AC3
audio so it
might be nice to be able to play them.  I currently use
xine which
supports AC3 audio using it's own internal decoder and
then the
video is processed using the win32 libs.