On Sep 21, 2011, at 10:48 AM, George Barbosa wrote:

> Hello, I'm a newbie at Avogadro. I drew a molecule derived from an amino
> acid, optimized its geometry with Avogadro, saved the file and closed it. But
> then when I opened it briefly later some bonds were changed

Depending on the file format you used, bonding information may not be included.
Avogadro uses CML as its native format, which will store bond orders. But if
you save as a PDB or XYZ format, bond orders are not saved and Avogadro will
have to work out the bond orders again.

Also, keep in mind that Avogadro attempts to re-center a molecule when opening
-- this may rotate the frame of reference so that atoms are not in the same
place.

Hope that helps,
-Geoff

---