Hello,

I am still dreaming of the possibility to change colors of individual
atoms using the python interface.

I am using Avogadro 1.1.1.  Geoffrey gave the following tip:

On 02/17/2014 10:51 PM, Geoffrey Hutchison wrote:
> Colors in Avogadro 1.0.x are defined by a color plugin, not the atom. In
> Avogadro 1.1.x, there's a new property:
>
> atom.setCustomColorName("red")
>
> http://avogadro.cc/api/dev/classAvogadro_1_1Atom.html
In the python console under Avogadro I then try:

-------------

 >>> import Avogadro

 >>> Avogadro.molecule.atoms[0]

 >>> Avogadro.molecule.atoms[0].setCustomColorName("blue")

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

AttributeError: 'Atom' object has no attribute 'setCustomColorName'

Doesn't seem to work .. there is no such method as "setCustomColorName"
in Avogadro 1.1.1.

How can I change the color of a single atom .. ?  I started to do
research on this already two weeks ago and still haven't figured
it out.. surely it shouldn't be this difficult.

Regards,

Sampsa