What format are you attempting to use for exporting? The standard .xyz format
is in Cartesian coordinates.

I'd suggest exporting to .fract or .cif or another format relevant to your
needs. What program are you using for solid-state calculations? There's an
ABINIT extension and another one in progress for Quantum  Espresso.

Hope that helps,
-Geoff

---
Prof. Geoffrey Hutchison