You can easyly add your video to a movieclip, and use it as MovieMaterial...
Just save that material and add myMat.update(); in your enterFrame.

depending on speed/play rate, you can apply the following trick, set a cliprect that defines half/top of the video region
another one for the region beneath. Then at enterframe, toggle both.
On most videos, if the playrate is high enough, you do not even see the updates are done per half. A simple fps calculation during the first sec would be enough to decide if you can apply or not. Under 25 fps, this would probably not be suitable. At higher rates, this would boost perf and reduce cpu load.

Fabrice