Alasdair,

Here is one solution:

(1) -> )r alas1.input

mult(xs:List Expression Integer):Expression Integer == reduce(*,[x-z for z
in xs])

   Function declaration mult : List(Expression(Integer)) -> Expression(
      Integer) has been added to workspace.
                                                                   Type:
Void

intm(xs,a,b) == integrate(mult(xs),x=a..b)

                                                                   Type:
Void
(3) -> mult([x1,x2])

   Compiling function mult with type List(Expression(Integer)) ->
      Expression(Integer)

                             2
   (3)  (x1 - x)x2 - x x1 + x
                                                    Type:
Expression(Integer)
(4) -> intm([x1,x2,x3],1,2)

   Compiling function intm with type (List(OrderedVariableList([x1,x2,
      x3])),PositiveInteger,PositiveInteger) -> Union(f1:
      OrderedCompletion(Expression(Integer)),f2: List(OrderedCompletion
      (Expression(Integer))),fail: failed,pole: potentialPole)

        ((- 12x1 + 18)x2 + 18x1 - 28)x3 + (18x1 - 28)x2 - 28x1 + 45
                                     12
                  Type: Union(f1:
OrderedCompletion(Expression(Integer)),...)

Bill Page.