Assuming that the service is over HTTP, can you look at it through TCPMon (or other sniffer) and see if the charset is defined in the header?

-----Original Message-----
From: sridhar vudutha [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:
Friday, November 10, 2006 3:43 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Invalid UTF-8 start byte 0x9d

Hello All,

    When I call one of the web service methods (third party service written in .NET) , the following exception is thrown. I think there might be some characters which the XML Reader doesn't like.

If anybody knows how to over come this problem, that would be  a great help.

I'm using Axis2-1.1-SNAPSHOT, rampart-1.1-SNAPSHOT

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Invalid UTF-8 start byte 0x9d (at char #11, byte #-1); nested exception is:

com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: Invalid UTF-8 start byte 0x9d (at char #11, byte #-1)

at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(

TransportUtils.java:126)

at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(

TransportUtils.java:67)

at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(

OutInAxisOperation.java:381)

at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(

OutInAxisOperation.java:295)

at com.choicepoint.labs.EChainTestOrderServiceStub.GetDonorPass(

EChainTestOrderServiceStub.java:358)

at NewMedToxTest.main(

NewMedToxTest.java:78)

Caused by:

com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: Invalid UTF-8 start byte 0x9d (at char #11, byte #-1)

at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.doCreateSR(

WstxInputFactory.java:536)

at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createSR(

WstxInputFactory.java:589)

at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createSR(

WstxInputFactory.java:614)

at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createXMLStreamReader(

WstxInputFactory.java:312)

at org.apache.axiom.om.util.StAXUtils.createXMLStreamReader(

StAXUtils.java:56)

at org.apache.axis2.transport.TransportUtils.createSOAPMessage(

TransportUtils.java:117)

... 5 more

Caused by:

java.io.CharConversionException: Invalid UTF-8 start byte 0x9d (at char #11, byte #-1)

at com.ctc.wstx.io.UTF8Reader.reportInvalidInitial(

UTF8Reader.java:299)

at com.ctc.wstx.io.UTF8Reader.read(

UTF8Reader.java:185)

at com.ctc.wstx.io.ReaderBootstrapper.initialLoad(

ReaderBootstrapper.java:245)

at com.ctc.wstx.io.ReaderBootstrapper.bootstrapInput(

ReaderBootstrapper.java:132)

at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.doCreateSR(

WstxInputFactory.java:531)

... 10 more

Thanks,

Sridhar.