Geir Amdal napsal(a):
On 11. apr. 2007, at 14:52, Belunek Karel wrote:
I have Axis2 1.1.1 under Tomcat 5.5.9 and I have correctly working Axis service generated from WSDL file.

Now I'm trying to implement BASIC authenticacion.

On server side I'have se security constraint on the Tomcat level, it works fine. I have tried it via WWW browser http://user:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

But I'm not able to write client with BASIC authentication.
Example from documentation does not work because org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.BASIC_AUTHENTICATE constant simply does not exist.
(...)
I have tried to replace the constant by HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator.BASIC but it does not work.

I configure the Options object as follows in my own ServiceClient-based client implementation (also using Axis2 1.1.1, but on OC4J, not Tomcat):

    //(...)
        Authenticator authenticator = new Authenticator();

        List<String> auth = new ArrayList<String>();
        auth.add(Authenticator.BASIC);

        authenticator.setAuthSchemes(auth);
        authenticator.setUsername(username);
        authenticator.setPassword(password);

        options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.AUTHENTICATE, authenticator);
    //(...)

Thanks guys, it solves the problem.
Your code snippet with Jarek's modification works.
Here is my code snippet:

    //set authentication param
    Options opt = stub._getServiceClient().getOptions();
    Authenticator authenticator = new Authenticator();
    List<String> auth = new ArrayList<String>();
    auth.add(Authenticator.BASIC);
    authenticator.setAuthSchemes(auth);
    authenticator.setUsername(user);
    authenticator.setPassword(pass);
    authenticator.setPreemptiveAuthentication(true);
    opt.setProperty(HTTPConstants.AUTHENTICATE, authenticator);

Regards
Karel Belunek