Try setting these two parameters in your axis2.xml

<!--During a fault, stacktrace can be sent with the fault message. The
following flag will control -->
    <!--that behaviour.-->
    <parameter name="sendStacktraceDetailsWithFaults">true</parameter>

    <!--If there aren't any information available to find out the fault
reason, we set the message of the expcetion-->
    <!--as the faultreason/Reason. But when a fault is thrown from a service
or some where, it will be -->
    <!--wrapped by different levels. Due to this the initial exception
message can be lost. If this flag-->
    <!--is set then, Axis2 tries to get the first exception and set its
message as the faultreason/Reason.-->
    <parameter name="DrillDownToRootCauseForFaultReason">true</parameter>

Thanks,
Keith.