If you have the schema and the WSDL in place, you can use WSDL2Java tool to see how Axis2 handles that.

Samisa...

breaks wrote:
Hi,
Excuse the simple question:

Consider the following simple polymorphic arrangement:
Dog and Cat both extending from Animal.

If I send a list of Animals from client to server, which contains both cats
and dogs, I can see the soap message containing animals which then reference
dog and cat types as:

<ns2:Animal xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xsi:type="ns2:Dog">...
<ns2:Animal xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
xsi:type="ns2:Cat">...

However on the server side, they are created as Animal objects, not Dogs or
Cats!

XSD for Dog and Cat is the same style. E.g.

<include schemaLocation="Animal.xsd"></include>
    <complexType name="Dog">
    <complexContent>
    <extension base="types:Animal">
    <sequence>

Animal XSD would be:

<complexType name="Animal">
<sequence>

Anything I am doing wrong or is this an obvious limitation with Axis2?

Cheers
Alex

--
Samisa Abeysinghe