What is the exception that you get?

Samisa...

RonnieMJ wrote:
I'm pretty new to WS, and especially the security piece, but I'm using
rampart 1.4 using policy files to try to function as a client to an existing
(external to my company) web service.

I know that I need to send both a usernameToken and sign the header with a
certificate.  I've been able to do EITHER, but so far haven't been able to
do both.

I've tried it about 20 different ways, but my most recent attempt is:

<wsp:Policy wsu:Id="SigAndUName"
xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd";
xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy";>
        <wsp:All>
                <sp:AsymmetricBinding
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy";>
                        <wsp:Policy>
                                <sp:InitiatorToken>
                                        <wsp:Policy>
                                                <sp:X509Token
sp:IncludeToken="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient";>
                                                        <wsp:Policy>

<sp:WssX509V3Token10/>
                                                        </wsp:Policy>
                                                </sp:X509Token>
                                        </wsp:Policy>
                                </sp:InitiatorToken>
                                <sp:RecipientToken>
                                        <wsp:Policy>
                                                <sp:X509Token
sp:IncludeToken="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/Never";>
                                                        <wsp:Policy>

<sp:WssX509V3Token10/>
                                                        </wsp:Policy>
                                                </sp:X509Token>
                                        </wsp:Policy>
                                </sp:RecipientToken>
                                <sp:AlgorithmSuite>
                                        <wsp:Policy>
                                                <sp:Basic128Rsa15/>
                                        </wsp:Policy>
                                </sp:AlgorithmSuite>
                                <sp:Layout>
                                        <wsp:Policy>
                                                <sp:Lax/>
                                        </wsp:Policy>
                                </sp:Layout>
                                <sp:OnlySignEntireHeadersAndBody/>
                                <sp:SupportingTokens>
                                        <wsp:Policy>
                                                <sp:UsernameToken
sp:IncludeToken="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy/IncludeToken/AlwaysToRecipient";
/>
                                        </wsp:Policy>
                                </sp:SupportingTokens>
                        </wsp:Policy>
                </sp:AsymmetricBinding>

                <sp:Wss10
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy";>
                        <wsp:Policy>
                                <sp:MustSupportRefKeyIdentifier />
                                <sp:MustSupportRefIssuerSerial />
                        </wsp:Policy>
                </sp:Wss10>

                <sp:SignedParts
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy";>
                        <sp:Body/>
                </sp:SignedParts>

                <ramp:RampartConfig
xmlns:ramp="http://ws.apache.org/rampart/policy";>
                        <ramp:user>user</ramp:user>
                        <ramp:encryptionUser>user</ramp:encryptionUser>

<ramp:passwordCallbackClass>com.xo.vzn_asr.business.util.PWCBHandler</ramp:passwordCallbackClass>

                        <ramp:signatureCrypto>
                                <ramp:crypto
provider="org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Merlin">
                                        <ramp:property
name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.type">jks</ramp:property>
                                        <ramp:property
name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.file">client.jks</ramp:property>
                                        <ramp:property
name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.alias">user</ramp:property>
                                        <ramp:property
name="org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.password">keypassword</ramp:property>
                                </ramp:crypto>
                        </ramp:signatureCrypto>
                </ramp:RampartConfig>

        </wsp:All>
</wsp:Policy>

I expect the final header output to be something like:
<SOAP-ENV:Header >
        <wsse:Security >
                <wsse:UsernameToken >
                        <wsse:Username >XXX</wsse:Username>
                </wsse:UsernameToken>
                <wsse:BinarySecurityToken
>binaryTokenHere</wsse:BinarySecurityToken>
                <ds:Signature >
                        <ds:SignedInfo >
                                <ds:CanonicalizationMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/xml-exc-c14n#"/>
                                <ds:SignatureMethod
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#rsa-sha1"/>
                                <ds:Reference >
                                        <ds:Transforms >
                                                <ds:Transform />
                                        </ds:Transforms>
                                        <ds:DigestMethod />
                                        <ds:DigestValue </ds:DigestValue>
                                </ds:Reference>
                                <ds:Reference >
                                        <ds:Transforms >
                                                <ds:Transform
Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#sha1"/>
                                        <ds:DigestValue </ds:DigestValue>
                                </ds:Reference>
                        </ds:SignedInfo>
                        <ds:SignatureValue </ds:SignatureValue>
                        <ds:KeyInfo >
                                <wsse:SecurityTokenReference >
                                        <wsse:Reference />
                                </wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
                        </ds:KeyInfo>
                </ds:Signature>
        </wsse:Security>
</SOAP-ENV:Header>

I'm fairly sure I've just got the policy file slightly off.  Any
suggestions?  Thanks for any reply.

--
Samisa Abeysinghe

http://people.apache.org/~samisa/