The SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 Bindings look identical but they have a small
difference. They indicate to the client what SOAP version to use. If you
generate a client specifying the endpoint it will generate it so that the
message generated by the client would match the requirements specified in
the corresponding binding. You could differentiate between SOAP 1.1 and 1.2
using the namespace.

SOAP 1.2 namespace is http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope while SOAP 1.1
namespace is http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/

Thanks,