Well you might wanna have a look at the WSO2 Web Services Application Server
(WSO2 WSAS) [1]. It is built on top of Axis2 and a key feature of it is that
you could deploy axis (Axis1) services on it. In there Axis2 is the primary
engine and it creates a proxy services for Axis1 services.

Thanks,
Keith.

[1] http://wso2.org/projects/wsas/java